Terms and Conditions
Aldiss Boat Hire – Terms and Conditions of Hire – 2023
Self-drive day launches are available for hire by Aldiss Boat Hire Ltd whose registered office is at 2 Meadowside, Barnards Road, Worstead, Norfolk, NR28 9RL.
All boats offered for hire by Aldiss Boat Hire are licensed by The Broads Authority and operated in accordance with the said authority’s Code of Practice for Dat Boat Hire Procedures 2005.
Boats are only hired to members of the public over 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to drive self drive motor boats.
Refund Policy: All of our boats are suitable to use in the rain. On very rare occasions, Aldiss Boat Hire may deem conditions too windy and close. Full refunds are payable for any day Aldiss Boat Hire has to close. At all other times, full refunds are only payable when the booking is cancelled 5 days before the date of the hire. A £25 admin fee applies to all cancellations unless cancelled by Aldiss Boat Hire.
Boats are hired to member of the pubic (The Hirer) which expression includes all members of the party hiring the boat in question and Aldiss Boat Hire reserves the right not to hire a bot to any person whom it considers is unsuitable to operate the type of bat in question, upon the following terms;
- No liability to The Hirer is accepted by the Aldiss Boat Hire for loss or damage to the Hirer’s belongings
- No liability to The Hirer is accepted by Aldiss Boat Hire for injury to or death or The Hirer during the course of the hire or during embarkation or disembarkation and Hirers use the pontoons, quays and other landings on the river entirely at their own risk.
- Aldiss Boat Hire will;
- Instruct the Hirer how to operate the safety devices and other equipment on board the boat. They will also instruct the Hirer how to operate the motor but following this the Hirer does so at their own risk
- Ensure that the boat and its equipment are in a functional state during the hire and that there is sufficient fuel for the hire
- Provide life jackets or buoyancy aids for all member of the party, but shall not be held liable should a Hirer chose not to wear them
- The Hirer will;
- Use the boat in a way that is consistent with the rules of navigation and shall at all times take into consideration other users of the river, including wildlife
- Keep to the area shown on the map, and not use the boat outside of this area. Aldiss Boat Hire accepts no liability for any damage, loss, injury to or death of Hirers outside of the permitted area. The day boat is not permitted down stream of Acle Road bridge, on the River Bure, upstream of Potter Heigham Old Road Bridge, on the River Thurne or upstream of Barton Broad on the River Ant.
- Operate the boat as instructed during handover, including speed limits and giving way to other traffic. Aldiss Boat Hire staff have explained to the Hirer how to operate the craft and tie simple knots to mooring posts, navigation hazards including tides. To avoid shallow water, often marked with ‘Shallow water’ signs or navigation markers.
- All persons must remain in the seating area when the boat is underway. Do not sit on the deck of the craft, do not sit of the bow with feet dangling over the side or roof.
- Ensure weight is evenly distributed, a safe method of boarding has been demonstrated.
- The Hirer is responsible for extra hire fees, if the boat is returned late for any reasons except if such lateness is caused by a mechanical breakdown in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of Hire fees proportionate to the failure, but no further compensation unless Aldiss Boat Hire has failed to take reasonable care.
- Ensure that all members of the party conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with the rule of navigation, safety on board the vessel and all matters which are reasonable to expect from the Hirer of a private self drive boat.
- Be liable to Aldiss Boat Hire for all damage to the boat, its contents and equipment caused by misuse of the vessel.
- The boat must be returned in the same state and condition it was in when it was initially hired.
- Any issues with the boat must be made known to the staff at the time of hire. These will be noted and actioned as appropriate.